Church of Mount of Pity

It is the seat of the Brotherhood of the Whites. The church has existed since 1570, as it is testified by the Archbishop of Messina Don Giovanni Raitano, who confirmed the chapters of the Society of the Mount of Mercy. Probably the previous building was dedicated to Sts. Cosmas and Damian.

Externally the church is simple, but dignified thanks to the only salient. The bell tower contributes to make it nice.

We know that the main altar of this church kept the seventeenth century wooden crucifix of Ragona thanks to the manuscript of 1887. It is now preserved in the sacristy of the Cathedral Church.

Since Christmas 2013, the church has housed the characteristic “Petralilium in Praesepio”.

Per informazioni:
Parrocchia Maria SS.Assunta
Tel e fax: 0921.641031

Share