The Urban Geological Path Geopark of Petralia Sottana is an interesting urban route where geology, history and art meet, and it is the first in Europe. It takes us on a journey where it is possible to walk on the Miocene fossils, meet corals on the portals of the houses and discover fountains and contact springs.
Along a path marked with brass studs, you can find Miocene fossils and other geological curiosities:
- Fossils of Paolo Agliata Avenue;
- Contact spring (courtyard of Hotel Madonie, fountain of St Mary of the Fountain church, fountain u canali);
- Mother Church (Fossils of the external elevation, monolithic columns made of Lumachella rock);
- Saint Peter Church (corals fossils on the portal);
- Monumental tree (wood of the convent of the Reformed Friars);
- Ancient ice pit (in the pinewood);
- Gasena Cave;
- Caves of Petralia (districts of Conceria, San Salvatore, Pusterna).
View and save the Brochure
Tel: 3494967912 -3389208845
Web Site: www.haliotis.it
Quota Mille Association
Tel: 389 063 5221